Monday, September 30, 2013

Tigger Tails - not chocolate dipped

I was determined to have "Tigger Tails" at my daughter's birthday.  If you've been to Disneyland you've probably seen them.  They're marshmallows dipped in orange chocolate with a Tigger zig zag.
Well, I've tried the chocolate covered mashmallows and to me they are just way too sweet.  So...I looked up if there was a way just to dye the Marshmallows...and there was!

So I googled and I used this as a reference:
http://www.dashrecipes.com/blogs/dashboard/2012/06/29-how-to-dye-marshmallows.html

I made my dye really dark though.  That was by accident.  It almost looked like it was on the verge of red.  My husband told me to try a batch and it worked, I just didn't have to submerge it as long.
 
 I used the short lollipop/cake pop sticks instead of skewers.  I didn't want kids poking themselves.  I dipped 3 marshmallows.  The stick became orange as well, but I was okay with that and honestly, I just didn't have time to dye the marshmallows before putting them on the stick.

I then used melted chocolate and piped it through a ziploc bag.  I didn't do this for a few hours though.  I let the marshmallows dry in the refrigerator for about 4-5 hours.  I piped the chocolate on and then put them back in the fridge to make sure it hardened faster. 

The final part came when I took the foldable sandwich bags and cut the side that was folded...put them in and tied ribbon around it.  And that was it.  I actually got a lot of compliments on it.  Some people didn't know what it was exactly but just said "this is good."

No comments:

Post a Comment