Monday, September 16, 2013

Honey Pot Centerpieces

These were orginally intended to be used as centerpieces for my daughter's first birthday.  It was so hot though that I couldn't leave them outside for fear of the chocolate melting.  Either way, our plan was to raffle off the centerpieces. You could also use this as the prices for games.

I bought a regular planters pot and put in the Styrofoam that is used to hold the fake flower and pants.  I also shredded some construction paper and used it as filler.  I used the really long lollipop sticks to hold up the candy bars.  You tape the stick to back (I used scotch packing tape).  My sister-in-law did the arrangement for me as I had my doctor appointment.  She did a great job.

After, I painted the honey pot.  I used white Acrylic paint as my primer so that the color that I did want to use would show.


Here is the after picture with the honey around the pot and the word "hunny" painted on.  Notice that the N's are backwards as well.  The next day I did stick a mylar Winnie The Pooh shaped balloon in the middle, but didn't get a picture of it.  Maybe someone from the birthday party has a picture of it.  Well anyways, people enjoyed the raffle because of the prize!  


No comments:

Post a Comment